Topics > Tyne and Wear > Sunderland > Barnes > Church of St Gabriel, Barnes

Church of St Gabriel, Barnes


St Gabriel's Church is located on the corner of Chester Road and St Gabriel's Avenue, in the Barnes area of Sunderland. The Parish Church was built in 1912, designed by CA Clayton Greene. The Church is a Grade II listed building on the National Heritage List for England.

Barnes 1912 Churches and Cathedrals Historic Buildings and Monuments in Sunderland
from Geograph (geograph)
St Gabriel's Church, Chester Road

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Gabriels Church and Church Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST GABRIEL - Sunderland - List Entry
- "Parish church. 1912. By CA Clayton Greene. Snecked tooled limestone with ashlar plinth and dressings; roof of graduated Lakeland slate with stone copings. Aisled chancel with E undercroft, and N ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1279870
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NZ3792156365
Post code: SR4 7TF
Borough: Sunderland

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES