Church of St Augustine, Fenham


The Church of Augustine of Hippo (now St George & St. Athanasius Coptic Orthodox Church) is located on Brighton Grove in Fenham, Newcastle. The church was consecrated in 1892.

from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
015109:St. Augustine's Church Brighton Grove Fenham Unknown 1965

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
CAH06027

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
St Augustine's, Arthurs Hill

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
CAH16778

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://twsitelines.info/SMR...
Tyne and Wear HER(6345): Fenham, Brighton Grove, Church of St. Augustine of Hippo
- "Shown on 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map. The Victorian church of St Augustine of Hippo was consecrated in 1892. It is a fine sandstone building of two storeys and also ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES