CHATHILL, a township, in the parish of Ellingham, union of Belford, S. division of Bambrough ward, N. division of Northumberland, 9½ miles (N. by E.) from Alnwick; containing 18 inhabitants. It is situated a little distance north-east from Ellingham, near the road between Alnwick and Belford.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Chathill is a village in Northumberland, in England. It is about 3 miles north of Alnwick and inland from the North Sea coast. It is served by Chathill railway station.
It is on the main road serving Seahouses and the northern coast.
Chathill is home to Preston Pele Tower, built between 1392 and 1399. One of its former owners was Sir Guiscard Harbottle of Beamish, who was killed at the Battle of Flodden, who was also an ancestor of Diana, Princess of Wales. The tower has a clock, installed in 1864, which features mechanisms similar to Big Ben.
Chathill is in the parliamentary constituency of Berwick-upon-Tweed.