List number: 1231987
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NZ3758565553

Chapels to Harton Cemetery


The twin chapels to Harton Cemetery were built from 1888-1891. Designed by architect Henry Grieves, the chapels are now Grade II listed.
from Flickr (flickr)
Harton Chapels

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Gargoyle Scarecrows

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHAPELS TO HARTON CEMETERY - List Entry
- " 1888-91. Henry Grieves, Architect. The Chapels lie to the east of the entrance at the centre of the cemetery. An H shaped plan, the chapels forming the 2 outer arms ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES