Harton Chapels

  • Description

    1888-91. Henry Grieves, Architect. These Gothic style Chapels lie to the east of the entrance at the centre of the cemetery. Configured to an H shaped plan, the chapels form the 2 outer arms with t he cross-piece formed by the porch and vestry of each chapel, over which is a graceful tower and spire, rising to a height of 103 feet. It was built using coursed rubble, with ashlar for dressings,featuring ornate decorative features and welsh slate roofing.
  • Owner

    cauld lad
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/53218307@N06/5521762187/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 313 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES