Blencogo Township, 1848
BLENCOGO, a township, in the parish of Bromfield, union of Wigton, Cumberland ward, E. division of Cumberland, 4½ miles (W. by S.) from Wigton; containing 211 inhabitants. The Rev. Jonathan Boucher, who published a Supplement to Dr. Johnson's Dictionary, was born here in 1738.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.