Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
BICKERTON, a township, in the parish and union of Rothbury, W. division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 4¾ miles (W. by S.) from Rothbury; containing 18 inhabitants. It stands upon a pleasant level, the moorlands forming a semicircle on the south and west, and Coquet-haughs, with other rich pastures, being on the north and east. The village was formerly the property of four persons named Snowdon, who owned it jointly; but none of the family have any interest in the place at present. The tithes have been commuted for £44. 12.