Topics > Cumbria > Arkleby > Arkleby Hall

Arkleby Hall


Arkleby Hall is a large farmhouse in the village of Arkleby, built in c.1740, incorporating earlier house of 1725. It has the Thompson coat-of-arms over front entrance, and inside has a datestone with carved bears and men on horseback, inscribed G & J.T. 1725 (Gustavus & Johanna Thompson).[1] Arkleby Hall is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Arkleby 1725 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Plumbland Civil Parish Private Residence
from Geograph (geograph)
Arkleby Hall, Arkleby

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from https://historicengland.org...
ARKLEBY HALL AND FLANKING WALLS - List Entry
- "Farmhouse. Circa 1740 incorporating earlier house of 1725 with Thompson coat-of-arms over front entrance. Incised cement render, with painted raised quoins and cornice, on chamfered plinth. Graduated greenslate roof with ...

Added by
Edmund Anon

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1217229
List grade: 2
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NY1427039744

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES