ARKLEBY HALL AND FLANKING WALLS - List Entry

  • Description

    "Farmhouse. Circa 1740 incorporating earlier house of 1725 with Thompson coat-of-arms over front entrance. Incised cement render, with painted raised quoins and cornice, on chamfered plinth. Graduated greenslate roof with coped gables and kneelers; yellow brick chimney stacks. 2 storeys with attic, 5 bays of double span....Interior datestone, inscribed G & J.T. 1725 (Gustavus & Johanna Thompson), has carved bears and men on horseback, which appear to have no armorial significance...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1217229
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 11 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 87 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES