1850


< 1849 | 1850 | 1851 >

In Northern England:

from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
714918:Pineapple Inn

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
055987:Short Brothers, Mowbray Quay Ship Building Yard Sunderland c. 1850

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
011153:West Moor Pit Killingworth C. 1850

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
013152:Back St. Winlaton C. 1850

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
001562:Killingworth Colliery around 1850

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
03047b:Castle Garth Newcastle upon Tyne C. 1850

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
03047a:Castle Stairs Newcastle upon Tyne C. 1850

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Beamish (flickr)
18 - Priestfield – nothing like leather till it breaks 1850

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Royal Border Bridge
  Co-Curate Page
Royal Border Bridge
- Railway bridge across the River Tweed designed by Robert Stephenson and built between 1847 and 1850, at its height the workforce numbered 2,700 men. The bridge was officially opened by ...
Newcastle Central Station
  Co-Curate Page
Newcastle Central Station
- Overview History Map Street View Newcastle Central Station on&nbsp;Neville Street&nbsp;was designed by John Dobson and was opened by Queen Victoria on the 29th August 1850. Replacing three earlier stations, it ...
from Flickr (flickr)
Quaker Burial Ground, Bishopwearmouth Cemetery.

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
002653a:The River Tyne at Wallsend C. 1850

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
003388:Amen Corner Newcastle upon Tyne C. 1850

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
  Co-Curate Page
Former Londonderry School, West Rainton
- Map Street View "This edifice erected in 1850 by Frances Anne Vane Marchioness of Londonderry as an encouragment to the colliers to promote the moral and religious education of their ...
Church of St John the Evangelist, Birtley
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St John the Evangelist, Birtley
- Overview Map Street View St John's in the parish church in Birtley. The church was consecrated by the Bishop of Durham on 9th August 1849. Shortly afterwards on the 8th ...
St Nicholas' Buildings, St Nicholas' Street
  Co-Curate Page
St Nicholas' Buildings, St Nicholas' Street
- Overview Map Street St Nicholas Building is located on the corner of St Nicholas' Street and Westgate Road in Newcastle. It was built c.1850&nbsp;by William Parnell in "Venetian Renaissance" style ...
Church of St. Mary, Hartlepool
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St. Mary, Hartlepool
  Co-Curate Page
Charlton House, Sunderland
- Overview Map Street View Charlton House, No. 2 Mowbray Road, Sunderland (formerly known as Nicholson House) was built in 1850 by John and Benjamin Green. The mansion was built for ...
Church of St Cuthbert, Shotley Bridge
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Cuthbert, Shotley Bridge
Barber Surgeons Hall, Newcastle
  Co-Curate Page
Barber Surgeons Hall, Newcastle
- Overview Map Street View Houston Street
Hodbarrow Iron Ore Mines (1850 - 1968)
  Co-Curate Page
Hodbarrow Iron Ore Mines (1850 - 1968)
- The first of the Hodbarrow iron ore (red hematite) mines, located between the village of Holborn Hill and the seashore at Hodbarrow, Cumbria, opened in c.1850. At that time Millom ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES