Topics > Cumbria > Haverigg > Windmill at Hodbarrow Point

Windmill at Hodbarrow Point


The ruins of a windmill are located at Hodbarrow Point, south of Millom. The old windmill was used by Hodbarrow Iron Ore Mine to store gunpowder, used for blasting, between 1855 and 1880, when a purpose-built facility was built.[1]

Haverigg Hodbarrow Iron Ore Mines (1850 - 1968)
from Geograph (geograph)
Windmill remains at Towsey Hole

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Windmill Wall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Hodbarrow Trig Point And Ruin Of Windmill

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The old windmill, Hodbarrow Point

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Old Powder Store

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES