Westgate is a hamlet by the A696 road, located about 2½ miles north-west of Ponteland and 2½ miles south-east of Belsay, in Northumberland. The former farmhouse and hind's cottage here, now one house, dates from 1835, and is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England. The former Waggon Inn (now closed) is located off the A696, by the junction of the minor road, which runs from Westgate to Eastgate, via West Thorn and East Thorn. To the south of Westgate is the Old School House. There is an old milepost on the A696, just north of the hamlet. Westgate is located in Ponteland Civil Parish.