Topics > County Durham > Waldridge > Waldridge Colliery (1831 - 1926)

Waldridge Colliery (1831 - 1926)


In 1902 there were 488 people employed at Waldridge Colliery (354 working below ground, 134 on the surface).[1]

A waggonway, which was in service until 1955, took coal from Waldridge via Stella Gill sidings to the River Tyne for onward transport. 

Waldridge
from http://www.dmm.org.uk/colli...
Waldridge Colliery

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.chesterlestreeth...
Waldridge “A” Colliery

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.chesterlestreeth...
Waldridge “D” Colliery - (Busty Pit)

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES