List number: 1234489
List grade: 2
Post code: CA7 0BZ
Grid ref: NY2003848236

Village Hall, Blencogo


Blencogo and District Village Hall was previously the village school, which was built in 1854 by local benefactor and landowner George Dixon. The school was closed in 1991 following a fall in pupil numbers. The residents of Blencogo took over the running of the building, with a lease agreement between the Village Hall Committee and the Diocesan Board of Education agreed in 1993.[1] The building is Grade II listed.

from http://www.blencogo.com/abo...
Blencogo Village Hall
- ".... The villagers of Blencogo took over the running of the building as a community facility to ensure it wouldn’t be sold. A lease agreement between the Village Hall Committee ...

Added by
Edmund Anon
from Geograph (geograph)
Old school, Blencogo

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from Geograph (geograph)
Old Church Blencogo

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from https://historicengland.org...
BLENCOGO SCHOOL - List Entry
- "School. Inscribed and dated on chimney breast GMD (George Dixon) 1854 with shield of arms on another chimney breast. Hammer-dressed red sandstone under graduated slate roof with coped gables; candlestick ...

Added by
Edmund Anon
from Geograph (geograph)
Blencogo Village Hall

Pinned by Edmund Anon

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES