The Village Hall in Acklington is located towards the western end of the village. The current building was constructed in 1927. This replaced Acklington War Memorial Hall, which had been built about 2 years earlier. The original Memorial Hall was built to commemorate those lost in the First World War, but was blown down by a gale just before completion. It was rebuilt and opened on the 30th of May 1925 by Lady Milburn of Guyzance. As well as the hall, the money raised locally also paid for the memorial lych gate to St John's Church. The Memorial Hall was replaced by the current brick building in 1927.