Twizell Township (Morpeth Parish), 1848
TWIZELL, a township, in the parish of Morpeth, union and W. division of Castle ward, S. division of Northumberland, 6¼ miles (S.W. by S.) from Morpeth; containing 45 inhabitants. The township is situated on the east bank of the Blyth, where that river begins to run southward towards Kirkley; and on the boundary between Morpeth and Ponteland parishes. Twizell formed part of the ancient barony of Ogle.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.