Topics > Cumbria > Appleby-in-Westmorland > Boroughgate > The Red House

The Red House


The Red House (No. 30), Boroughgate, in Appleby-in-Westmorland was built in 1717, for Thomas Carleton (1660-1731), who steward of Lord Thanet at Appleby Castle.[1] The Red House is Grade II* listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Boroughgate Grade II* Listed 1717 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Appleby-in-Westmorland
from Geograph (geograph)
The Red House, Boroughgate

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Red House, Boroughgate, Appleby

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
30 Boroughgate (The Red House)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
The Red House - appleby - List Entry
- "....The Red House was built in 1717 for Thomas Carleton (1660-1731), steward of Lord Thanet at Appleby Castle from about 1690, at a cost of £513 6s 6 1/2d ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1146473
List grade: 2*
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NY6836720280

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES