The Pheasant Inn, Casterton
The Pheasant Inn is a public house and resturant in Casterton. It is a former coaching inn, previously known as The George and Dragon. It is likely that the inn was established when the road between Sedburgh and Greta Bridge (now the A683) was turnpiked, by the Sedbugh Turnpike Trust, which was established 1762. The inn was situated close to the site the village blacksmith’s, important for horse-drawn travel at that time.