List number: 1304328
List grade: 2
Keys to the Past HER: N3373
Grid ref: NU0033525786

Surrey House, Haugh Head


Surrey House in Haugh Head lis located beside the A697 road about a mile from Wooler. It was was built in the mid-19th century. The building is a former coaching inn and was called the George and Dragon. The building incorporates older stonework of an earlier house in which it is believed that the Earl of Surrey stayed before the Battle of Flodden in 1513.[1] The house is a Grade II listed building.

from https://historicengland.org...
SURREY HOUSE - Haugh Head - List Entry
- "House. Mid C18, possibly with earlier core. Ashlar facade. Dressed stone elsewhere. Pantiled roof. 2 storeys. Main block 3 bays with lean-to on west side, projecting west wing and irregular ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
Surrey House (Cheviotside)
- "This building was built in the mid-19th century and was once a coaching inn called the George and Dragon. It seems to have older stonework built into it and, traditionally ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES