St Helens is located north of Workington and south of Maryport, by the coast in Cumbria. There is a farm here, industrial units and a wind farm. No.2 pit of St Helen's Colliery was located nearby. There were also brickworks associated with the colliery. The lower seams of No. 2 pit were flooded during the national stoppage in 1921 and the pit never reopened, though No. 3 pit, near Siddick, was in operation up to 1966. A railway halt associated with No. 2 pit can still be seen. St Helens falls within Seaton Civil Parish.