Topics > Cumbria > Parton, Cumbria > St Bridget's CofE School, Parton

St Bridget's CofE School, Parton

St Bridget's Church of England School is located on Main Street in Parton. The voluntary controlled school has around 100 pupils aged 3 to 11.[1] The main school building dates from 1837, originally built as the School of Industry for girls and infants, which was established by Mary Robinson. At that time there was a separate School for boys, built and endowed by Joseph Williamson in 1818 - that old school building is now the Village Hall.[2]

Parton, Cumbria Schools in Cumbria Church of St Bridget, Moresby 1837
from https://www.stbridgets-par....
St Bridget's CofE. School
- Official Website of the school.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://get-information-sch...
St Bridget's CofE School - Parton
- The 'Get information about schools' site includes information about each school, its governors, links to Ofsted inspection reports etc

Added by
Simon Cotterill
Church of St Bridget, Moresby
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Bridget, Moresby
- Overview Map Street View St Bridget's is the parish church of Moresby, located near Moresby Hall, just north of Parton. The present church was built in 1822, replacing an earlier ...


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

School URN: 112296
Post code: CA28 6NY
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NX9796020536


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.