St Anne's R.C. Church, Pennywell


"St Anne’s Roman Catholic Church was built in 1957, to serve new housing estates in the Pennywell area. Seating 400, it was built from designs by Matkin and Hawkins of Sunderland, and the builder was Mr J. Cummings. The church was opened and blessed by Bishop Cunningham on the 21st November 1957. In 1960, the presbytery was added and in 1961 a narthex addition was put on the church, both from the designs of Matkin and Hawkins. The primary school to the side and rear of the church was built soon after that...." (St Anne's Primary School Website)

from Geograph (geograph)
St Anne's R C Church, Pennywell

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from Geograph (geograph)
Top of Portsmouth Road, Pennywell

Pinned by Pat Thomson
St Anne's RC Primary School, Sunderland
  Co-Curate Page
St Anne's RC Primary School, Sunderland
- Overview Map Street View St Anne's Roman Catholic Aided Primary School is located on Hylton Road in Pennywell, Sunderland. It is a voluntary aided school with about 230 pupils aged ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES