Topics > Tees Valley > Normanby > Smith's Dock Park

Smith's Dock Park


Officially known today as Tees Dock Park - this park in Normanby, was originally called Recreation Park, donated by the Smith's Dock Company. The company, established in North Shields in 1851, had opened a shipyard on the River Tees at South Bank, Middlesbrough in 1907. The War Memorial in the park was also built by the Smith's Dock Company in 1922.

Normanby Parks and Gardens War Memorial, Smith's Dock Park
from Geograph (geograph)
Smiths Dock Park?

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
Smith's Dock Company War Memorial, Normanby - List Entry
- "...The Smith's Dock Company War Memorial commemorates 14 employees who died during the First World War. It was unveiled on Saturday 16 September 1922, by Vice-Admiral Sir Laurence E ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
War Memorial, Smith's Dock Park
  Co-Curate Page
War Memorial, Smith's Dock Park
- Overview Map The war memorial in Smith's Dock Park in Normanby was built by the Smith's Dock Company to commemorate 140 employees who lost their lives in the First World War. It ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES