Shoreswood Township, 1848
SHORESWOOD, a township, in the parish of Norham, union of Berwick-upon-Tweed, N. division of Northumberland, 6½ miles (S.W. by S.) from Berwick; containing 315 inhabitants, chiefly employed in the adjacent coal-mines. The township has a straggling village situated on the road between West Allerton and Norham; and belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Durham, whose tithes here have been commuted for a rentcharge of £162.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.