Sharperton Township, 1848
SHARPERTON, a township, in the parish of Allenton, union of Rothbury, W. division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 6½ miles (W. by N.) from Rothbury; containing 89 inhabitants. It stands on the east of the river Coquet, on the road to Harbottle; and contains some fertile soil. The Charity Hall estate here belongs to the poor of Rothbury, being the bequest in 1719 of the Rev. J. Thomlinson.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.