Sandhoe Township, 1848
SANDHOE, a township, in the parish of St. John Lee, union of Hexham, S. division of Tindale ward and of Northumberland, 2½ miles (E.N.E.) from Hexham; containing 273 inhabitants. The township contains some good houses, commanding prospects of a richly-diversified country; and the village is pleasantly situated about two miles north-west of Corbridge. Near the gardens of Beaufront is a Roman Catholic chapel, now in disuse. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £95.