Rothbury Railway Station (1870 - 1963)
Rothbury was a brick and wood railway station in Northumberland at the end of the eponymous single track Rothbury Branch that served the town of Rothbury. Rothbury was the terminus of the line with a turntable at the end of the track.
In 1859 Parliament authorised the Wansbeck Railway Company to build the line from to . In 1862 the line from to opened.
The next year the Northumberland Central Railway were authorised to construct a line from to Ford on the Berwick to Kelso line. They also were permitted to build a short branch line to Cornhill. Due to financial difficulties the line was to be built in stages starting with the section from to which was started in August 1869 and completed by November 1870. The North British Railway and the branch line became part of the London and North Eastern Railway in 1923. In September 1952 passenger services were withdrawn and the line closed in November 1963.
Originally built in wood the station was rebuilt in stone in 1899. It had been demolished and the site is now an industrial estate.