RODDAM, a township, in the parish of Ilderton, union of Glendale, N. division of Coquetdale ward and of Northumberland, 5½ miles (S.S.E.) from Wooler; containing 110 inhabitants. It comprises 1,200 acres of land, with about 200 acres of plantation; the surface is undulated, and the soil light, with a gravelly substratum. Roddam Hall is a handsome modern mansion, standing on a bold eminence which on the north forms the bank of a deep romantic dell watered by a tributary of the Till. A stone coffin and an urn were dug up here in 1796.