Rampside lighthouse (Walney channel middle range rear)

Related Pages


Lighthouse


Rampside

  • Description

    "Built between 1850 and 1870. The unpainted tower is built with red and light yellow bricks, giving at a distance the appearance of vertical red and white stripes (one white stripe on each of the four faces). This unusual tower, known locally as The Needle, is the only survivor of 13 range lights built on the approaches to Rampside and Barrow in the 1850-1870 period." Photo by Steve Fareham, 2009.
  • Owner

    Steve Fareham
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1453828
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 135 times
    Picture Taken: 2009-08-22
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES