THOMLINSON JUNIOR SCHOOL

  • Description

    "House called The Flosh, then Westmorland House, now school. Late C18 with extensive 1800-1807 alterations for and by John Westmorland and 1898 school extensions by Oliver and Dodgson (weathered inscription and date 1730 come from the earlier school on Market Hill). Flemish bond brickwork with V-jointed quoins on chamfered plinth. Graduated greenslate roof with ashlar chimney stacks. Original house: 2 storeys, 5 bays with 3-bay extension to right under common roof...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1212899
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 209 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES