Thomlinson Junior School

  • Description

    "The two-storey building on the left, Westmorland House, was originally a private residence, built around 1799 and extended in 1815. The taller building on the right was added in the late 19th century, when the Thomlinson Girls' Grammar School opened here. This merged with the nearby boys' school in the 1950s, to become the Nelson Thomlinson Grammar School. The Thomlinson Junior School moved here in 1968, after the secondary school vacated the site. For more information, see the school's website http://www.thomlinson.cumbria.sch.uk/index.php?category_id=103 ." Photo by Rose and Trev Clough, 2011.
  • Owner

    Rose and Trev Clough
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2480535
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 251 times
    Picture Taken: 2011-06-04
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES