Description"The Queens [sic: no apostrophe] dates back to the 1730s, when it was a coaching inn in the hamlet of Birthwaite. The village that grew up around it became Windermere after the railway station opened in 1847. The pub was renamed The Queens after Queen Victoria's visit to Windermere on her Golden Jubilee in 1887." Photo by Jonathan Hutchins, 2015.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4413926
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 8 months ago
Viewed: 276 times
Picture Taken: 2015-04-04