Description"From around 1860 this impressive building in North Terrace was the offices of the Londonderry operations in Seaham which involved land development and coal mining. More recently, it was the main station for Seaham Police. It has now again been redeveloped into luxury apartments http://www.keystothepast.info/durhamcc/K2P.nsf/K2PDetail?readform&PRNMAP=D12599 Standing in front of the building, is the 1915 bronze statue by John Tweed to Charles Stewart Vane-Tempest Stewart, 6th Marquess of Londonderry K.G., G.C.V.O. (1852-1915) http://www.keystothepast.info/durhamcc/K2P.nsf/K2PDetail?readform&PRNMAP=D12612" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2009.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1529306
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 321 times
Picture Taken: 2009-10-09