Tyne and Wear HER(3560): Blaydon Burn, Betsy Pit/Belsay Pit

  • Description

    "etsy Pit (Coal), also known as Belsay Pit became part of Blaydon Burn Colliery, eventually closing in the 1950s. This small pit belonged to Joseph Cowen who owned the brickworks (HER ref. 1646 and 3434) in 1896.....This formed part of what became known as Blaydon Burn Colliery...."
  • Owner

  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/3560
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 394 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.