Tyne and Wear HER(4313): Benwell, South Benwell Fire Brick Works/The E & M Yard

  • Description

    "South Benwell Fire Brick Works, also known as the E & M Yard opened after 1858. It was run by the Carr family, using clay from their Benwell Charlotte Colliery, and was automated after 1894. It was split into two yards, with 27 Newcastle Kilns, from which firebricks were transported by river and rail to many of the other Tyneside industries...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/4313
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 108 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES