PUBLIC LIBRARY - Annfield Plain - List Entry

  • Description

    "Public lending library. 1908 by Edward Cratney of Davidson and Cratney; Southsen and Johnson contractors; site given by John Wilkinson Taylor, M.P.; paid for by Andrew Carnegie of Skiko Castle N.B. (copper plaque in entrance). Sandstone ashlar; incised render left return; roof of graduated purple-grey slates with red roll-moulded ridge tiles. Baroque style...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1240952
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 149 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES