FORMER EXCHEQUER BUILDING, NOW UNIVERSITY LIBRARY - Durham - List Entry

  • Description

    "Chancery and exchequer courts, now library. Between 1438 and 1457 for Bishop Neville. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar dressings; stone-flagged roof. 3 storeys, 2 bays. Steps down to studded, ledged boarded door at right of first bay in 2-centred-arched surround with fragments of roll moulding on lower course...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1160838
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 9 months, 3 weeks ago
    Viewed: 85 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. You can login with Twitter, Google, Co-Curate or Newcastle University accounts.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES