The University Library , Cosin's Library and The Exchequer Building

  • Description

    Palace Green, Durham. The University Library was designed by Anthony Salvin and completed in 1857. Cosin's library, in the centre, was built in 1667-8 by John Longstaffe. The stone turret was added in 1833-4. To the right is the Exchequer Building built in the 15th century and the only of the Prince-Bishops administrative buildings to have survived from medieval times. It function was to administer the bishops' legal and financial transactions.
  • Owner

    Reading Tom
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/16801915@N06/13018190944/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 326 times
    Picture Taken: 2014-01-31T14:31:22
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES