Shops on south side of Front Street, Sedgefield

  • Description

    "Both shops are currently take-aways: the 'East India Takeaway' on the left and 'Pizza Castle' on the right. Behind and to the right is St Edmund's Church. The 1895 1:2500 OS map shows that these are the sole remainders of a row of buildings that extended along the whole length of the street below the churchyard and included the Grammar School and Coopers Hospital (almshouses). They were demolished around 1970. There is a description here http://www.sedgefield.net/hertrail/almsho.html" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2011.
  • Owner

    Andrew Curtis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2638380
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 376 times
    Picture Taken: 2011-10-07
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES