Description"The Manor House looks east across The Green []. It is an impressive three-storey building and was part of the Hardwick Estate until 1923. It is a fine example of Queen Anne architecture and was built in 1707 (shown by an inscription on the sundial attached to the front of the house []). The building was used as a Boarding School in the 1820s, the Rural District Council Offices, the Magistrate's Court House, and as offices. It has been carefully restored and is currently to let. The rear of the house has a splendid staircase window and also shows signs of early alteration [] http://www.sedgefield.net/hertrail/manor.html" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2011.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2639735
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 329 times
Picture Taken: 2011-10-07