Description"The club was founded in August 1878 by Stanley Cotterell, a medical student. The Cyclists' Touring Club gave seals of approval, in the form of a cast metal plaque showing the winged-wheel symbol of the club, to mount on an outside wall of hotels and restaurants which offered good accommodation and service to cyclists. The Royal Oak has the logo on its wall. For a wider view []" Photo by Maigheach-gheal, 2011.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2468986
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 252 times
Picture Taken: 2011-04-05