Description"The Grade II Listed drinking fountain is incised "Gift to Staindrop parish from the Lady Augusta Mary Poulet and in memory of Henry and Sophia, Duke and Duchess of Cleveland May 1865". Prior to the erection of the pant (a public drinking fountain) the village had no piped water supply and many villagers had to walk a considerable distance to draw water. The building behind also Grade II Listed is four late 18th century houses one now a Coffee Shop and Function Room." Photo by Jo Turner, 2013.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4898957
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 168 times
Picture Taken: 2013-05-26