Description"Constructed in 1867 and running from Swalwell on the River Tyne up to Consett, the Derwent Valley railway finally closed in 1963. The former Ebchester Station lies just beyond the bridge and operated from 1867 to 1953. The footway on the line of the old railway has been converted into a cycleway and forms part of National Cycle Network route 14. The bridge carries the B6309 road from Leadgate which follows the line of Dere Street, a Roman road making for the old Roman fort at Ebchester (Vindomora). The building above the bridge is the Derwent Walk Inn." Photo by Oliver Dixon, 2014.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3871684
Resource type: Image
Added by: Pat Thomson
Last modified: 3 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 232 times
Picture Taken: 2014-02-28