Description"A bridge was built here in the 12th century by Bishop Puiset, as Durham's second river crossing. It was widened in 1805, but the New Elvet Bridge, a short distance upstream, now takes the road traffic. This picture, taken on a very grey day, looks towards Old Elvet." Photo by Stephen McKay, 2009.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1619652
Resource type: Image
Added by: Pat Thomson
Last modified: 3 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 320 times
Picture Taken: 2009-12-11