Longbenton Metro station, Tyne & Wear

  • Description

    "Opened in 1947 by the London & North Eastern Railway on the North Tyneside loop line from Newcastle to Tynemouth, this station was rebuilt and converted to Metro operation in 1980. View east towards Four Lane Ends and Tynemouth." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2010.
  • Owner

    Nigel Thompson
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4234333
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 384 times
    Picture Taken: 2010-09-17
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES