Description"Opened in 1879 by the North Eastern Railway, this station was rebuilt and became part of the Tyne & Wear Metro in 1982, on the line from Pelaw to South Shields. View north east towards Jarrow and South Shields. The station was rebuilt as staggered platforms with a new eastbound platform now behind the camera position." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2012.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4215974
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 12 months ago
Viewed: 269 times
Picture Taken: 2012-03-24