Description"The Playhouse is a 630 seater theatre/auditorium. The Playhouse underwent a major refurbishment by North Tyneside Council in 2009. It originally opened as "The Kursall" in 1913, providing live performances and concerts. The German name Kursall became unpopular during the First World War and it was renamed as the Playhouse. Following a fire, it was largely rebuilt and reopened in 1931. Further details: https://co-curate.ncl.ac.uk/whitley-bay-playhouse/" Photo by Simon Cotterill, 2017.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5601288
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 9 months ago
Viewed: 95 times
Picture Taken: 2017-11-12