Description"Opened in 1844 as the terminus of a short branch line from Belmont, which was on the then main line from Darlington to Newcastle via Leamside, this station closed to passengers in 1857 (when it was replaced by the current Durham station) and completely in 1966. View north east towards the forecourt from the road. The main buildings were on the left hand side, and the single platform to the right of them. The buildings were still extant when this image was taken, converted into a hotel." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2017.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5250796
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 6 months ago
Viewed: 235 times
Picture Taken: 2017-01-10