Copeley House: for 101 years Shadforth village school

  • Description

    "Built in 1863 as the National School its title was changed to Shadforth Church of England School in 1907. As many as 127 children were taught here in 1922. In more recent times school numbers fell considerably and the school was closed in 1964, being converted to a private house. Much more information in Shadforth - a village history produced by the Shadforth History Group." Photo by Roger Smith, 2007.
  • Owner

    Roger Smith
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/438242
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 498 times
    Picture Taken: 2007-05-13
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES