Description"The building once housed steam engines for pumping water for the Sunderland and South Shields Water Company. It was built in the late 19th century and went out of use in 1941 http://www.keystothepast.info/durhamcc/K2P.nsf/K2PDetail?readform&PRN=D808 Comparison to the photograph by Chris Allen taken in 1994 [] shows that its proposed redevelopment has been somewhat delayed. Several chimneys have however, been removed." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1706569
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years ago
Viewed: 421 times
Picture Taken: 2010-02-12